1. Avoid caffeine and alcohol.
2. Avoid dairy. Dairy free substitutes and plant based milks are optimal
sources of nutrients. Enjoy
3. Avoid any processed and unnatural food.
4. Stay hydrated. More fluids are needed when breastfeeding to ensure
milk production. Try drinking a glass of water at every breastfeed and
make sure to have at least 2-3 liters a day.
5. Eat to your appetite. Refrain from skipping meals and listen to your
body’s hunger cues.
6. Eat mindfully. Avoid over eating, chew slowly and enjoy your food.
7. Have at least 3 portions of vegetables and 2 portions of fruit daily to
boost your immunity.
8. Eat 2-3 portions of protein sources daily. Plant based proteins are a
great source of minerals, like beans, nuts and seeds. Animal protein
when consumed should be hormone free and lean meat.
9. Try to have 2 portions of fish per week. Oily fish are a great source of
omega-3 fats which strengthen the heart and your baby’s brain
development. Avoid fish high in mercury levels.
10. Have one serving of wholegrain carbohydrates at each meal.
Examples include brown rice, millet, quinoa, amaranth, bulgur.
11. Eat foods high in calcium to avoid loss of calcium such as: leafy
greens, tahini, plenty of fruit
12. Snack on healthy foods all day if you’d like! Snacking can help with
13. Relax and trust the process!